I want a suppressor that can be disassembled for cleaningWell, you're in luck here. Almost all current rimfire models do come apart for cleaning - and ALL the models we stock come apart. Since rimfire suppressors have to deal with lead fouling, we highly recommend getting a take-apart model; although, the opposite is often true of rifle suppressors where lead fouling isn't an issue.
I want a suppressor that can be taken apart easilyAs I mentioned before, all the rimfire models we sell come apart for cleaning; but, there is a big difference between them when it comes to ease of maintenance. As a general rule, you'll often find that monocore or click-together baffle suppressors are easier to service than their K-Baffle competitors. If ease of maintenance is important to you, then these are the models we would most highly recommend:
- Silencerco Sparrow - This is the suppressor that absolutely dominates this category. It comes apart by hand and is far and away the easiest to service suppressor on the market.
- SWR Spectre II/Warlock II - Although they're not quite as easy to service as the Sparrow, the Spectre II and Warlock II are still very easy. Because of that, they're becoming some of the more popular .22 suppressors we sell.
I want the quietest suppressor I can buyIt should come as no surprise that the quietest suppressors available are often the more expensive models. A lot of time goes into fine tuning the baffle stacks to give that extra performance - and they are often made using materials like titanium instead of stainless steel or aluminum.
- AAC Element 2 - The Element 2 suppressor from Advanced Armament is arguably the quietest suppressor that you can put on a rimfire pistol. It performs well on a rifle as well - but really does shine on a pistol.
- AAC Prodigy - The Prodigy isn't as popular as some of the other models we sell; but, for people who are looking for an extremely quiet model, it is still a great buy. The Prodigy can often edge out the Element 2 if you use it on a rifle.
- Liberty Kodiak TL / Essence - These Liberty suppressors are larger than the competition; but, the high volume design does result in an extremely quiet suppressor. Another result of the large volume design is that the Liberty models tend to have less blowback on a semi-automatic weapon than some of the smaller models.
I want the best bang for the buckMany people really don't care about getting the single best in any specific category; but, they do want something that could be considered the best-bang-for-the-buck. These are the suppressors that really dominate when it comes to getting more for your money:
- SWR Spectre II/Warlock II - SWR has redefined value over the last couple of years, and the Spectre II and Warlock II are no exception. These suppressors offer an excellent price for a great suppressor. (Be sure to click the email for price button on the product pages to see the low price on these suppressors.)
- AAC Pilot 2 - The Pilot 2 from Advanced Armament is an excellent performer - and tends to beat out most models costing $100 more. If you're looking for a quiet suppressor for a low price, then this is a model to consider.
I want a suppressor that will handle .22 Mag and/or .17 HMRIf you want to suppress either .22 Mag or .17 HMR, then you'll be looking at either stainless steel or titanium suppressors since they can handle the higher pressures. In some cases, they can even suppress the 5.7 FN!
- AAC Element 2 - The Element 2 will handle .22 Mag and .17 HMR.
- SWR Spectre II - The Spectre II will handle .22 Mag, .17 HMR, and 5.7 FN
- Silencerco Sparrow - The Sparrow will handle .22 Mag, .17 HMR, and limited 5.7 FN
- Liberty Kodiak TL / Essence - The Liberty suppressors will handle .22 Mag and .17 HMR
I want a lightweight modelIf you're looking for a lightweight suppressor, then you should typically focus on either aluminum or titanium models. The titanium suppressors will cost more; but, you'll get additional strength from titanium over aluminum.
- SWR Warlock II - 3 oz, Aluminum
- AAC Prodigy - 3.6 oz, Aluminum
- AAC Pilot 2 - 3.75 oz, Aluminum
- Liberty Essence - 4.1 oz, Titanium
- AAC Element 2 - 4.3 oz, Titanium and Stainless Steel