In a nutshell, here’s what 41F means to you:
- 41F will require the applicant(s) to attach the following items to their application:
- All applications “postmarked” (i.e., submitted) before July 13, 2016, WILL NOT be affected by the rule change, as it will not be retroactive.
- 41F is set to be implemented on July 13, 2016.
- You and any Co-Trustees on the Trust will be required when submitting a tax stamp application to notify the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO), but WILL NOT require their “approval.” (This “requires that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm, and the specified form for responsible persons, as applicable, be forwarded to the CLEO of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person is located; and eliminates the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.”)
- Beneficiaries WILL NOT be considered responsible persons (i.e., beneficiaries will not have to do anything when a Form 4 is submitted).
- You DO NOT need to notify the ATF when adding a Co-Trust to the Trust.
- Each responsible person’s full name, position, home address, date/place of birth, country of citizenship, and Social Security number (optional);
- A 2x2-inch passport-style photograph of each responsible person taken within one year prior to the date of the application;
- Two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (fingerprint card) for each responsible person.